- United States
- Bristol, Rhode Island, United States
- School Type: University
- Scholarship: $1,500 - $26,000/Year (Renewable)
#27 Regional Universities North
#18 Best Schools for Architecture
#109 Undergraduate Engineering
- An independent liberal arts university
- 6,500 students from 35 nations
- 14:1 student-to-faculty ratio
- 100% of classes are taught by professors (not teaching assistants)
- 98% of accepted students received scholarships
- 80% RWU students graduate with more than one degree
- 80+ student-run clubs & organizations, 19 academic honor societies, 5 affinity & identity groups
- 98% job or graduate school placement within 6 months of graduation
- Study abroad opportunities: Over 40% students participating in 40+ nations
University of the Incarnate Word
San Jose Community College
Butte-Glenn Community College
College of Contra Costa
Roger Williams University (RWU) has two campuses that provide diverse learning experiences and opportunities to students. These two campuses - the main campus located in Bristol, Rhode Island, and the second one located in downtown Providence, Rhode Island's capital city - are home to a tight-knit community of citizen scholars, leaders, world travelers, athletes, environmentalists, artists, music fans, thinkers, and doers.
RWU is home to nine professional schools, eight of which are located at the main campus in Bristol, which offers several undergraduate and graduate programs for students. All schools provide students with unique experiences, program offerings, centers, initiatives, and special programs.
Roger Williams University offers Undergraduate, Graduate, and School of Law Programs, as well as trainings, certificates, and flexible degree.
Undergraduate & Graduate Programs
Roger Williams University offers more than 45 programs of undergraduate study, with courses in both the liberal arts and professional fields of study. The university also offers more than a dozen graduate and certificate programs, taught by experienced faculty members. Whether a student wants to pursue education through a full-time, in-class program or part-time, online courses, RWU has just the right program.
School of Law Programs
RWU is Rhode Island’s one and only law school, offering students a level of access, connection, and experience that few institutions can rival.
Institutes and Programs:
- Feinstein Center for Pro Bono and Experiential Education
- Marine Affairs Institute
- Business Law Program
International Students’ Admission
RWU welcomes students from all over the world and provides a range of services that includes peer mentors and support groups. The university offers English Language Pathways for international students to boost students’ readiness for their chosen programs.
- Complete Common Application and RWU Supplement
- Complete required essay
- Letter of recommendation
- Most recent high school transcripts
- Documentation of financial support
- SAT and/or ACT scores (not required)
- TOEFL and IELTS scores (not required)
- For a more detailed explanation about the requirements for freshmen and transferring international students, and for the complete guidelines on visa processing, click here. (https://www.rwu.edu/undergraduate/admission-aid/international-students/international-freshman-admissions-requirements)
Roger Williams University currently offers merit-based scholarships for international students. Accepted International students are guaranteed a scholarship of $26,000 a year. They also qualify for a $1,500 RWU Travel Grant in addition to merit scholarships to assist with the costs of moving to Bristol. For more information about scholarships, click here.