- United States
- San Pablo, California, United States
- School Type: College
Australian College of Information Technology
Youngstown State University
University of Cincinnati
Situated in San Pablo, California - just a few miles outside San Francisco - Contra Costa College (CCC) is the only higher education institution in the West County area. It was established in 1949 and has more than 7,000 students every year. CCC has received recognition for its academic and career education programs at the local, statewide, and national levels. The college most recently received a second Title III, part F HSI STEM grant to continue with helping more students from under-resourced communities to study in different fields including science, technology, and math.
Contra Costa College offers 125 different degree and certificate options to help their students prepare for their future in fields like arts, humanities, and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math). Students can choose from different fields of study including Computer Science, Engineering, Business, and Health Education.
Fees and Tuition
The tuition fee for non-US citizens and international students is $346 total per unit. International students also need to pay $127 per month for mandatory health insurance.
CCC embraces diversity in its community and is proud to be a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) supporting Latinx, Asian, and African-American students. Different programs are also offered for international students who wish to pursue their educational journey with Contra Costa College. The full course of study requirements and online instruction is dependent on the approval of the continued Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVP).
- Complete the CCC International Student Application
- Pay the application fee worth $50
- Email of the copy of the following documents:
- Copy of a current passport
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Financial support documents
- Financial sponsor form
- English proficiency requirements:
- English proficiency test scores
- Secondary or post-secondary academic records
- General Educational Development (GED) Test
Contra Costa College's Office of Financial Assistance encourages all its students to apply for scholarship opportunities. These scholarships come from the Contra Costa College Foundation, as well as the college's alumni, and even from community groups, local businesses, and other private donors. These scholarships are offered for those students who need assistance in paying for their educational expenses when federal and state financial assistance is not enough.
There are different types of scholarships in CCC:
- Contra Costa College Foundation Scholarships, which has 67 different scholarships.
- Kennedy-King Scholarship offers $5,000 per year
- External Scholarships are funded by donors, organizations, businesses, and foundations outside of the Contra Costa College Foundation.
Thinking of starting your education journey with Contra Costa College? Global Study Guide can give you more information and help you go through your preferences and requirements. Register now for a FREE account and talk to one of our education consultants.