- United States
- Delaware, Ohio, United States
- School Type: University
- Scholarship: $30,000/Year (Renewable)
#111 National Liberal Arts Colleges
#54 Best Value Schools
#17 America’s Most Entrepreneurial Colleges
- Fine Arts, Design
- 1,600 students from +30 countries
- Guaranteed experiences – research, internships
- Work-study opportunities are available to international students
- Generous scholarship opportunities: 99.3% of OWU students receive financial aid
- Over the past 10 years, OWU students were accepted into medical school 100%
- 95% graduates with employment
- PayScale, Inc. listed OWU as one of the nation’s top undergraduate colleges in salary potential
- Countless opportunities from OWU nearby city, Columbus: The city is ranked 3rd best city for new graduates to live, work and play. It is also ranked the No. 1 real estate market in the U.S, No. 1 American city to work in technology, and 8th best city in the U.S. for STEM jobs. Columbus has the 3rd highest concentration of fashion designers behind New York and Los Angeles.
University of Cincinnati
Royal Roads University
University of the Incarnate Word
San Jose Community College
Butte-Glenn Community College
Ohio Wesleyan University was established in 1842 and defines itself as a community of teachers and students, which aims to develop the students' intellect and character. Since its founding, the university has kept a connection with the Methodist (now United Methodist) Church to offer scholarships, leadership, and service to both the community and the Church.
The university has three objectives in its work with students: to impart knowledge, to develop important capabilities of students, and to integrate education in the context of values.
Ohio Wesleyan has a total of Ohio Wesleyan enrollees, all students coming from 42 states and U.S. territories. International and U.S. multicultural students come from 32 countries, making up 28% of the total population.
The university offers more than 70+ majors for its undergraduate program, which include Business Administration, Education, International Studies, Pre-Nursing, and Computer Science.
For graduate programs, the university has partnered with top universities across the country as part of the Regional Education Partners Scholarship program enabling students to pursue advanced degrees in management, IT, or public policy. Several programs offer special scholarships and financial aid, and some offer accelerated pathways to a master's degree.
To learn more about OWU's program offerings, click here.
- Common Application or the OWU Online Application
- English language proficiency
- SAT Scores/ACT Scores (optional)
- Academic records
- Letter of recommendation
- Online financial form
For more detailed information about the requirements, click here.
Tuition, Costs, and Fees for International Students
The tuition for international students is $49,962, plus other fees for a total average base annual cost of $64,267.
F1 and J1 students will only be issued Form I-20 if proof of financial support is provided for their stay in the United States.
Merit Scholarships, Department Awards, and Need-Based Aid
Do you know that Ohio Wesleyan University offers 99% of its students with merit-based and/or need-based financial aid?
International students are automatically considered for a merit-based scholarship. However, a student needs to complete the financial aid application to apply for need-based financial aid.
International Students’ Merit Scholarships
- Ohio Wesleyan International Baccalaureate Scholarship
- Ohio Wesleyan Cambridge A Levels Scholarship
- Ohio Wesleyan International Methodist Scholarship
- Ohio Wesleyan Bashford International Scholarship
- Rutherford B. Hayes Scholarship (for Paraguay citizens)
Financial assistance for international students ranges from $5,000 to full tuition per year with an average scholarship of $32,000 per year. For more information about scholarships and financial aid, click here.
Are you ready to apply to OWU? Global Study Guide can connect with OWU and guide you with the application process. Create a FREE online account now and start talking to GSG's experienced education consultant today!