- United States
- Boston, Massachusetts, United States
- School Type: University
- Scholarship: $2,000 - $16,000/Year
#1 University in the U.S. for Earning Power
#3 Top Salaries of Graduates
#3 University in the U.S. for Return On Investment
#4 Most Transformative College in the Nation
#75 in Pharmacy
#108 in Physician Assistant
#114 in Public Health
#137 in Physical Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Public Health
- Physical Therapy
- A Comprehensive Healthcare University
- Student population: +7,000 including +1,000 international students from 90 countries
- 108+ accredited programs in a wide range of clinical and research focused fields
- Many accelerated pathways and combined degrees
- Largest Pharmacy program in the U.S.
- International rotations in 10+ countries
- Affiliations with worldwide healthcare providers, educational institutions, and Fortune 100 companies
- Member of Colleges of the Fenway - Universities in downtown Boston have joined to offer their students activities, support and a wider choice of classes
- 90% Success at Board Exams: Students get their licensure
- 89% Employment Rate: Students are usually hired during internships
University of the Incarnate Word
San Jose Community College
Butte-Glenn Community College
College of Contra Costa
Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences (MCPHS University) is a private university focused on medical and health-related science programs and is located in the Longwood Medical and Academic Area of Boston, Massachusetts. The university provides traditional and accelerated programs of study focused on professional education in pharmacy and the health sciences. Since 2000, MCPHS University has expanded to include two additional campuses located in Worcester, Massachusetts, and Manchester, New Hampshire.
The Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences offers 100+ undergraduate and advanced programs that span the entire healthcare industry. MCPHS offers study programs including Nursing, Psychology, Acupuncture, and Physical Therapy.
The Massachusetts College of Pharmacy is open for international students who wish to pursue healthcare careers. International students represent 15% of the student body. There are about 1,000 international students that create a dynamic and diverse academic community. According to a 2020 Open Doors Report, MCPHS was the number one college for value in the U.S. and ranked number ten as a special focus institution for hosting international students.
Transition Programs for International Students
MCPHS has four programs that can help international students transition into life at the university:
- Early Start Program
- Graduate Studies Summer Program
- Academic Bridge Program
- Accelerated PharmD Pathway
To learn more about these programs, click here.
Incoming freshmen applicants need to submit the official credentials along with their completed application:
- High school transcript
- Score report from one of the following: SAT, ACT, TOEFL, IELTS, EPE (English Proficiency Exam, the MCPHS on-campus test)
- One letter of recommendation
Application Planning Guide
First-year applicants must submit proof of language proficiency through one of the following exams:
- TOEFL, IELTS, iTEP, SAT, or ACT.
- Submit application
- Wait for your decision
- Confirm/accept the offer of admission
- Apply for an I-20
- Prepare for your arrival
- Attend Orientation
For the detailed requirements and processes for first-year applicants, click here.
Tuition and Fees
The annual tuition for Undergraduate Bachelor Degree Programs is $34,700 per academic year and the cost per credit hour is $1,275.
There is also a $500 enrollment deposit.
International Financial Aid
Incoming first-year applicants with outstanding academic promise and passion for healthcare may be qualified for merit scholarships alleviating some of their education costs. No separate application is needed to qualify for the scholarships.
Federal need-based aid that other non-citizen students may be eligible for are the following:
- U.S. permanent resident (Permanent Resident Card required)
- Conditional Permanent resident (I-155C)
- Other non-citizen international students may be eligible if they have an Arrival-Departure Record (I-94) from the Department of Homeland Security with any one of the following:
❖ Asylum Granted
❖ Humanitarian Parole
❖ Indefinite Parole
❖ Cuban-Haitian Entrant
❖ Citizens of the Republic of Palau (PW), the Federated States of Micronesia (FM) , or the Republic of the Marshall Islands (MH)
For more details about international financial aid, click here.
Do you think Massachusetts College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences is the university you are looking for? Global Study Guide can give you more detailed information so you know you are making the right choice. Register a FREE account to apply today!