- Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
- School Type: University
- Scholarship: Up to $10,000 - $15,000/Year
#45 Canada's Best Universities by reputation (Maclean's)
- Business Administration
- Chemical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Public Health
- Human Movement
- A mid-sized university
- 7,000+ students including 350+ international students
- Experiential Learning: Applied research, Field placements, Professional practicums, Case studies, Co-operative programs, Labs, Travel, Events and competitions, Study abroad, Community volunteering, Internships, Workplace projects
- The Foundry: An innovation, entrepreneurship, and leadership development program located within the beautiful 5000 square-foot facility Jim Fielding Innovation and Commercialization Space.
- Campus Recreation: 4 well-appointed multi-use gyms; 35 km of multi-use trails; 7,200 sq. ft. of training workout space; 15m Tango Tower challenge course; 8m climbing towers; 400m outdoor track; 200m indoor track; 11 km ski trail system
- Counseling: Addressing personal issues and mental health concerns, promoting effective learning, growth and personal development
- Highest post-graduation rate in the province – ranked consistently in top 3 for more than a decade: 94% post-graduation employment (after 6 months), 97% post-graduation employment (after 2 years)
Study Guide Academy
University of the Incarnate Word
San Jose Community College
Butte-Glenn Community College
College of Contra Costa
Laurentian University is a moderate-sized campus located in Sudbury, Ontario, and sits near the Lake Laurentian Conservation Area. It is Canada's only university with a tricultural mandate, and it offers higher education in English and French plus a comprehensive approach to Indigenous education. With 60 years of education expertise, Laurentian University continuously grooms its graduates for the bright future ahead of them.
Laurentian University offers a wide range of unique programs for its students. The university also allows its students to choose and combine program offerings for a multidisciplinary experience which are offered in either English or French. Students can choose from programs in the fields of Arts, Education, Health, Management, and Science, Engineering, and Architecture.
Similarly, the university also offers graduate programs, which are also available in English or French. Programs include MA and Ph.D. in Psychology. Other Doctorate Programs such as Human Kinetics, Sciences humaines et interdisciplinarité, Materials Science, etc. To view the full list of graduate programs, click here.
Laurentian University, which is proud of its bilingual, inclusive, and multicultural community, also accepts international students who wish to study in their preferred disciplines. The university offers 106 interdisciplinary programs, 33 of which are offered in French. It also offers international students the opportunity to have a Certificate of Bilingualism along with their degree. This certificate highlights their competencies and proves that they are officially bilingual.
International Students Application
- Choose a program
- Country specific requirements
- For undergraduate students, please refer to this link.
- For graduate students, click here.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Complete the application forms (for graduate or undergraduate)
- Set up the myLaurentian Portal
- Accept offer of admission
- Apply for a study permit
The tuition fee for full-time undergraduate international students is $25,960 per 30 credits and $2,596 per three credits.
For international graduate students, full-time tuition ranges from $1,988.95 to $9,181. Part-time international student's tuition ranges from $1,988.95 to $4,787.35 per three credits.
It is important for international students, as well as their dependents, to enroll in the University Health Insurance Plan (UHIP). The premium for a single student is $756.
Language ProgramsThe university also offers the Laurentian Language Institute with three different programs:
- ESL (Non-academic Stream LU-ESL) worth $4,950.00 per term
- LU-EAP (Laurentian English Academic Preparation) worth $4,950.00 per term
- UP (University Preparation) worth $4,950.00 per term
Laurentian University recognizes academic achievements by offering scholarships and support to help students achieve their educational, career, and personal goals. High-achieving international students with a grade average of 90% to 100% receive up to $60,000 in Academic Excellence Scholarships, while those who get 80 to 89.9% receive up to $40,000.
The university also offers the following for graduate students:
- Graduate Teaching Assistantship (GTA) ($9,180 for M.Sc. students and $13,307 for Ph.D. students)
- Travel Grants ($600 for Masters students and $1,200 for Ph.D. students)
- Other scholarships:
- OGS (applications must be completed one year in advance of their intended study start date)
- Tri-Council (not available to international students)