- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
- School Type: University
Australian College of Information Technology
Youngstown State University
University of Cincinnati
Kwantlen Polytechnic University (KPU) is Canada’s leading polytechnic university, established in 1981 by the government of British Columbia. It is a public university with five campuses located in Metro Vancouver, a modern and multicultural city. With guaranteed small class sizes, experiential learning opportunities, and various student support, KPU is the natural choice for students who want to become career-ready in Canada.
KPU offers over 120 unique programs at different levels, from preparatory to graduate level. KPU offers 140 innovative programs that lead to various post-secondary credentials, including certificates, bachelor’s degrees, and graduate diplomas. There are seven Faculties at Kwantlen Polytechnic University:
- Faculty of Academic and Career Advancement (ACA)
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Business
- Faculty of Health
- Wilson School of Design
- Faculty of Science & Horticulture
- Faculty of Trades & Technology
*For the full list of programs, click here.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University has five campuses in four different cities in Greater Vancouver which are Surrey, Richmond, Cloverdale, and Langley.
- Surrey Campus: This campus is the main campus of KPU, and it has a gymnasium along with many recreational facilities.
- Civic Plaza Campus: As KPU's expansion into Surrey City Centre, Civic Plaza Campus hosts KPU's Post-Baccalaureate Diploma Programs and Graduate Diplomas in Business Administration.
- Richmond Campus: As KPU’s first official campus, Richmond Campus runs programs like Fashion and Design, Arts and Business courses.
- Langley Campus: This campus offers courses in Science, Biology, Brewing, Chemistry, Physics, and Geology Labs.
- Cloverdale Campus: As the newest one, Cloverdale Campus includes services like appliance and automotive servicing, carpentry, farriery, masonry, part and warehousing, welding, plumbing, public safety communications, etc.
English Language Proficiency Tests
Name of the Test
6.5 with a minimum score of 6 in each skill
88 with no-sub score less than 20
61 or higher
Tuition and Mandatory Student Fees
At KPU, tuition and mandatory student fees are usually assessed at a rate per credit. Currently, international students pay approximately $743.83 per credit for tuition and fees.
- Tuition: $671.19 per credit
- University Levied Student Fees: $46.98 per credit
- Kwantlen Student Association (KSA) fees: $25.66 per credit
The following fees also apply:
- KSA Extended Health Plan: $87.55 (per year)
- KSA Dental Plan: $113.30 (per year)
- Multi-Pass (public transportation pass): $52.50 (per month)
- Guard.me Temporary Medical Insurance Plan Coverage: $201.30 (per semester)
Are you interested in studying at Kwantlen Polytechnic University? Register a free Global Study Guide account and apply today!