Iowa State University (ISU) is a public, land-grant university that helps students get a great academic start in learning communities. ISU is located in Ames, Iowa, and was founded in 1858. Students can get involved in over 800 student organizations and get a great academic start in undergrad research, internships, and studying abroad. They also learn from reputable scholars who are exploring some of the current generation's biggest challenges.
Iowa State University has a total enrollment of 30,708. There are 25,808 undergraduate students, 4,264 graduate students, and 636 professional students. The university offers more than 100 majors, minors, and certificates that can be customized. There are six undergraduate colleges with more than 100 majors and 180 graduate programs.
● College of Agriculture and Life Sciences
● Ivy College of Business
● College of Design
● College of Engineering
● College of Human Sciences
● College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
● College of Veterinary Medicine
Students come from different states and from 112 countries outside the U.S. There are a total of 2,532 international students, which makes up 8.2% of the total enrollment.
Undergraduate Application Requirements:
● High School course report
● Financial statement
● Application form
● English proficiency requirement
● SAT and ACT scores (optional)
● $50 nonrefundable application fee
● Copy of passport
For more details about the requirements, click here.
Iowa State University understands the need to financially assist some students to boost their chances of completing their academic endeavors. With this, the university offers scholarships that do not require submissions of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for qualified international students. The available scholarships are as follows:
● International Excellence Awards (ranges from $10,000 to $12,000 per year)
● International Merit Scholarships (up to $40,000 or $5,000 - $10,000 annually)
● Iowa State University Scholarships
● Anne Doyle International Student Award ($1,000)
● Return to Iowa Generations Scholarship ($1,500 per year)
For more scholarships, costs, and financial details, click here.